Link to the message: John 12:1-28
- What stood out to you about the message or passage of Scripture?
- Did the Scripture or the message spark any questions?
- What did you learn that you can apply to your life?
Additional questions as time allows (you might decide to ask only one or two of these, or ask your own questions as the Spirit leads):
- Why did Mary anoint Jesus, and how did this impact the atmosphere of the room?
- What can we learn from Judas’ response, and Jesus’ defense of Mary?
- Why was Lazarus being sought after, and what can we learn from this about God working in our lives today?
- How might Jesus’ “triumphal entry” have been perceived differently by the Romans, the Pharisees, the Disciples, and the bystanders?
- When did the disciples finally understand what was happening, and what could be the significance of this for us today?
- How is glory in the world’s eyes different from glory in God’s eyes?
- How was Jesus glorified, and how can we follow in His footsteps today?